Sunday 14 April 2024

11-103 (12/4/24) -- Memories, Smiles & Tears

There was a knock at the door just before I started supper. I was two young girls selling Girl Guide cookies. Delightful! This was the first time I recall having them come to my door since I moved to town 25 years ago. I have been able to buy them from colleagues whose daughters were selling cookies, though. So, I had my evening chai last night with a couple of cookies. <smile> 

This reminded me of the many years that I toured the neighbourhood with my best friend as we sold these cookies. They were much less expensive back then -- 50 cents a box (I  paid $6 yesterday). That may seem like a large increase, but that same 50 cents could get me into a movie at the theatre and the $6  won't do that for me now. <grin> 

You just never know when grief will broadside you. I was laughing about being so excited about the cookies and the next instant I was crying as I recalled a memory with my best friend. I do miss her a lot. I share a song about missing someone. The second verse says a lot of what I've felt for some time now. 'I don't know how to do this'. Keep safe. Enjoy!  

I Still Miss You -- Keith Anderson



No comments:

Post a Comment