Saturday 27 April 2024

11-117 (26/4/24) -- Spring Flowers

We had sunny blue skies again today, with cold temperature and wind that made it feel cooler. I did a walk along Main Street and stopped to do a couple of errands along the way. I stood and gazed at the magnolia that often is the first in town to bloom. The blossoms were just starting. It should be in full bloom in a few days. It has lovely creamy, white flowers. I really love these trees. The blooms are large and arrive before the leaves are even in bud. My favourite are the pink blooms. There are some of those on campus along with some yellow and different whites. I should take a walk up there next week to see the trees. Several smaller new trees were planted a year ago, so there are more pink trees around. 

I love the flowers of spring. They bring a feeling of hope. Trees will soon be budding and late spring and early summer flowers will arrive. Yet, spring holds my favourite changes. Making plans for the next few months helps me to maintain the hope and enjoyment of the warmer season. I've maintained that Canadians try to cram 12 months of living into the three months of summer. <smile> We really should find things to enjoy in the other seasons. Spending nine months wishing it would be summer seems a waste of much of one's life. A friend who lived to 100 often said to me not to wish my life away. I expect she meant that living in the present while looking forward to the future was best. We can miss so much if we are only future focused. 

The selection tonight has a relaxing sound and lyrics that reference the flowering tree I love at this time of year. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Magnolia -- J.J. Cale 




No comments:

Post a Comment