Thursday 25 April 2024

11-116 (25/4/24) -- Self-Talk

The sky today was a bright cloudless blue with great sunshine. Air temperatures were in the single digits for a high today (and for the coming week or so). The sun helped the car interior feel warm, though. I did a quick trip out to get a few groceries and then to a store for a few non-food items and their senior's discount day at a store. Hey, there are some perks to getting older <smile>. I had an eclectic list for that store,  where I got a few things like batteries and teabags and saline spray

In the afternoon, I tried to finish up the tax return forms. I didn't get things fully completed, but will do that tomorrow. I might head out to photocopy a few attachments and do an errand or two while out. We'll see. I do have time to get this done before the deadline, I just have to remain calm <grin>. More working on being kind to myself is underway. Many things need attention, but one can't do it all at once. Prioritizing the list can be challenging, but is worthwhile. I think that is how my 'to do' lists have been working. I make the list for the weekend and then it becomes the start for the weekly list. There are some 'nice to do' things added to the list that may or may not get done, but they are there for future moments when I need something fun to do. 

A song chorus came into my head today. It said what I needed to say to myself. <smile> The whole song makes me want to dance around the kitchen. <grin> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Don't Bring Me Down -- ELO



No comments:

Post a Comment