Thursday 4 April 2024

11-94 (3/4/24) -- Decisions! Decisions!

The day began with a phone call returned from over a week ago -- a delay that only added to the anxiety around an upcoming event. I'm not great at making decisions -- part of the anxiety I live with. I second guess things over and over before settling on something that feels comfortable. And yes, I am one of those travelers that has all hotel rooms and transport booked long before a trip. I am not as rigid when I get where I'm going. I have a list of things to see and do and work from that when deciding what to do on any given day. I don't get to everything in a trip as that wish list can be rather lengthy. <smile> But I cover a lot of things and enjoy doing it. I also don't feel that when traveling with someone else that we have to do all sightseeing together. I do have trouble making the first steps in the planning process -- when, where, how, etc. It does take a long time for me to find the right flights and such -- thankfully I have a great travel agent who helps me through those decisions. <smile> Ins short, decision fatigue is a real thing and is exacerbated by higher anxiety levels. Discussing decisions with others can help a lot. 

And to follow up on yesterday's post -- Today was sunny from morning to sunset. I was pleased with this since it still looks like everything is going to break loose tomorrow and into the weekend <sigh>. Forecast seem to have a bit more confidence that reported in yesterday's forecast. We'll see what transpires. 

Today's selection challenges listeners to face the fear and move forward -- that's what decisions are, after all. <smile>  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Dar You to Move -- Switchfoot




No comments:

Post a Comment