Sunday 7 April 2024

11-97 (6/4/34) -- Seeking Courage

It was another cool, damp, grey day again.  That is what April is all about, though. More sunshine will begin to appear with time. Today I found myself contemplating courage. I haven't felt very brave lately. Some tasks bring anxiety in the form of fear. Some life events have added to that emotions, too.  

I was reminded yesterday of the words of Maya Angelou when she stated, "Without courage we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.”

From this quotation, I realized that everything we do requires a degree of courage. It also made me see that to be living life in a positive way and being kind to others, also means that I need to be 'kind, true, merciful, generous and honest' with myself. Now that was an interesting realization. I'm working on the fear, but I may need to be kinder to myself and recognize that I need support from inside as well as outside. No small task, but one that should bring some positive outcomes.

Words from a song on my physio playlist came to mind today. This list was constructed when I was going through extensive work to get a broken elbow back into full working order. I've used it often when out walking and thinking -- something I have to do more of. Anyway, back to the point <smile>. This song encourages me to see how big my brave is. Keep safe. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment