Thursday 25 April 2024

11-115 (24/4/24) -- A Bit Defeated

On my brief outing to the mailbox at the end of the street, it was windy and felt cold. The sky was mainly cloudy. I did very little today. I felt very tired. I had very little planned for the day, and certainly nothing strenuous just some household accounting. After lunch, I laid down for a short nap that lasted a couple of hours. Granted, I had less sleep than usual last night as I didn't get to sleep until much later than usual. The nap helped me feel a bit more 'awake', but emotionally I felt defeated. 

I understand that the medical procedure a week ago would leave me feeling a bit fatigued for a while. I haven't had a nap any day since then, though. Why today? Did I do more than I should have yesterday? Or was it just the lack of usual sleep last night. Today I'd planned a very sedentary day, yet even when doing almost nothing, fatigue overtook the day. I've found that my eyes get tired more easily, which can give me a headache from eye strain. That makes planned activities move along more slowly. I keep thinking I should take off my contacts and let my eyes rest, but there are no contacts to remove anymore. This is a great thing, but it will take time to get things settled. I have a two week check early next week and the 6 week check at the end of May. New prescriptive lenses are not advised before the six weeks, since the implanted lenses take a while to connect in the eye. I can see well, but they are still settling in and the brain is working harder than usual <grin>. 

I guess the bottom line is patience and being kind to myself. Neither of these are easy for me. I guess on days like this, I need to sit with the feelings before moving forward. A phrase often used when someone is feeling down came to mind. It is also the title of a song that I share today. Some of the lines fit my thoughts today. The title is the reminder that some days or times of day may not be great, but that doesn't mean that things won't improve. I'll get some sleep and try to do the paperwork tomorrow. <smile> 

OK not to be OK -- Demi Lovato and Marshmello



  


No comments:

Post a Comment