Tuesday 23 April 2024

11-112 (21/4/24) -- Transitions

I finished the laundry left from yesterday. I also went for a short walk around the block. It had been sunny and warm today. By the time I got out in late afternoon, the sky had clouded over so less sunshine was present. I spoke with a neighbour who was outside working and noted that I may have to move my walk to earlier in my day just to see the sun. Many folks are out walking early in the day -- alone or with their dogs. I'd get to see more locals if I got out before 4 PM, I expect. I met many people when out walking in the summer and fall. Once the snow arrived in February, walking wasn't something that happened as much or when it did, I didn't meet too many other people. The spring is moving towards more sunny days and temperatures are moving upwards. Granted, the wind will be cold until the ice over the straits leaves. 

Spring is a time of transition. Weather moves towards the summer and plants that have been dormant reappear showing the many shades of green and marvelous colours of spring flowers. I spent time today thinking of the cycles of seasons and how they serve as a great metaphor for personal growth. A song from an animated movie came to mind. I share that song here today using the recording made by the songwriter. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Circle of Life -- Elton John



 

No comments:

Post a Comment