Tuesday 23 April 2024

11-110 (19/4/24) -- Aftermath

My first full day at home after surgery. It seems like someone turned the lights on. I'm seeing details that I didn't see before -- places that I need to dust or clean better <smile> and still finding the colours and clarity amazing. I went for a walk today and stood and stared at the crocuses -- so gorgeous.  As I walked around the block, I heard birds and stopped to try to locate them.  As I followed the contrails in the sky, I found the teeny tiny images of three eagles riding the thermals way up in the sky. It was wonderful to see them. I'm not sure I would have seen them before. 

I feel very fatigued as the body and brain work overtime to figure out what happened and how to make the vision work. The ceiling lights in the house are all LED, known for being extra bright. They seem to create starbursts when light hits the eyes at just the right angle. I may have to wear a ballcap inside for a few days. <smile> 

I know the title of the selection for today may seem trite. However, the gratitude I feel for being able to see things in a new way makes some of the lyrics of this one take on a new meaning. So, I hope you will forgive me using this song. <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy!

I Can See Clearly Now -- Johnny Nash






No comments:

Post a Comment