Saturday 20 April 2024

11-109 (18/4/24) -- Clear Sight

Today began early again. I'm not a morning person, but managed for  yesterday and today. <smile> The post-surgery check was this morning. When I woke, the brain had sorted out some things and I saw only one image rather than multiples. The vision test went well. And less than 18 hours after surgery, the surgeon noted I was good to drive whenever I was ready! I will wait a few days to let the brain continue with its reboot before I head out for a drive. When riding back home, I saw further than I ever remember seeing -- reading signs 2-3 blocks away. Cool. It will take some time to get used to not seeing clearly up close and having to distribute reading glasses all around the house <smile>. 

I felt very hungry and was eating more than usual after the checkup -- a big breakfast and a chai latte and oat bar just over an hour later. I guess that makes up for not eating well for a few days due to nerves. The wort part of the whole thing was having the eye shield removed as the tape had industrial strength adhesive. It was a major facial. I had the tech do that as I didn't want to stretch eyelids or end up poking an eye. I plan to wear these for a few more nights. The eyes feel scratchy, dry and itchy at times, and I don't want to rub them while I sleep. The shield will help me avoid doing damage.  

I had a nap once I got back home. I expect to feel rather tired for a few days as the body adjusts to the trauma of surgery. The surgeon said to take it easy and not do anything strenuous for a week or so. I said to him that this was great -- I have a medical reason not to vacuum. <grin>. 

A bit of song lyric came to me as I kept wanting to look at everything to see how the colours pop more than before and the clarity of distance vision. I wandered around the house just looking at things and noticing things I couldn't see well before. So cool. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Can't Take my Eyes Off of You -- Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons


 


No comments:

Post a Comment