Thursday 11 April 2024

11-102 (11/4/24) -- Unplugging

Today was filled with bright blue skies and sunshine. Winds were less cool than the past few days, so walking was less intense <smile>. I spent much of the afternoon uploading files to a journal template. We've worked on this article for some time. It will be nice to see it off to a potential publisher. Each online submission platform I've encountered has been different. They are consistent in the vagueness of what is expected for the different sections of the platform. Grad school didn't hone my clairvoyant skills adequately to complete the submission processes. <sigh>  I will discuss this with my colleague and co-author tomorrow and we will make the joint decision to just click on submit. <grin> 

The other online task today was to download tax preparation software. The paper submission I still make comes from the calculations done by the software package. The mailed package I received this year does not have the detailed discussion and explanation for each line of the tax form. I used this often to ensure I was doing things correctly -- or that the software had the correct figures with which to calculate. Apparently, the federal taxation gurus asked people who submitted on paper  if they used all the of the taxation package and they concluded that few people used that part of the package. Odd. My return is likely a bit more involved than some people using the simplified package. I can find online some of the information and extra forms that we used to receive in hard copy. I'm hoping the explanation booklet is online for assistance when things get murky. I do have someone I can call for clarification, but given this time of year is insane for people who do this for a living, I hate to resort to that. We'll see.

So -- with all the uploads and downloads involved in my day, I need to walk away from the laptop for a while. Unplug as it were. There still is a lot to do for both projects, but I need time to clear my head. Several songs come to mind when I need something to sooth or calm me. I chose one of those to share tonight. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Peaceful Easy Feeling -- The Eagles


   


No comments:

Post a Comment