Sunday 14 April 2024

11-105 (14/4/24) -- Challenging Walk

At a meeting with a research colleague yesterday, we submitted the manuscript to a journal. It feels quite good to have the this off our desk for now. Now I'm working to get the taxes completed and off to someone else to review. In the past two or three years, their reassessment of my calculations led to a bill for a smaller amount. The explanation for last year seemed odd as it referred to a tax credit that I don't qualify for -- so not sure why that was disallowed as I didn't claim it. There was also a calculation error that changed the overall tax due figure. That is more believable, though I check the software calculations when reviewing things before submitting. I've come to expect such missives now. So, once I get through the check and re-check, the package will be sent and I just wait to hear back from the agency -- cheque book at the ready. <shaking head> 

I went for a short walk today. There were moments of bright sunshine but lots of clouds flying across the sky with the strong westerly winds. Walking into the wind was somewhat uncomfortable. With warmish temperatures the winds made things feel much cooler. That was the main reason I took a shorter walk -- walking into the wind was challenging as it pushed back a lot. It made the quads work on the uphill into the wind portion of the walk. 

After working against the wind and against the software calculations, I chose a song that addressed the difficulty of such experiences. The songwriter had been a cross-country runner, so understood the extra effort needed to move into the wind.  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Against the Wind -- Bob Seager and the Silver Bullet Band



No comments:

Post a Comment