Sunday 14 April 2024

11-104 (13/4/24) -- Altered Routines

I spent today doing the usual Saturday laundry and household tasks. The less usual item involved me entering figures into a software program for income tax calculation. Just like last year I seem to owe more than I expected. <sigh> It may come to paying quarterly, but I will let them make that decision. I will take time tomorrow to review the worksheets and ensure that everything is in place -- at least as far as I can tell. Then get ready to submit next week. I can pay electronically but have attached a cheque to the paper copy in the past. I miss the days of a refund, though understand that was my money to begin with <smile>. Paying a large amount all at once feels more painful than the smaller amounts that left with monthly pay periods while working. Just one more thing to get used to as a retiree, I guess. 

I've pondered the new routines that are being developed post retirement and post-covid a lot recently. I like some of the reflection of these lyrics by and older artist. "You might get lost, but you'll find a way." <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Hell Yeah -- Neil Diamond



No comments:

Post a Comment