Tuesday 6 June 2023

10-151 (31/5/23) -- Relating to Time

I had a phone meeting with a friend and another appointment in the late afernoon. It was quite warm. Well, really it was outright hot. I spent most of the day working in the basement where it was mercifully cool. I broke down boxes that have seen better days and sorted used boxes into piles by rooms that will be packed. 

Upstairs was very warm, so I pulled out summer pjs to make the night more comfortable. By the weekend, the forecast notes there will be cooler temperatures and much needed rain. The wild fires outside Halifax and further south and west have damaged or destroyed over 200 homes and businesses this week. 

I'm down to 40 days and 40 nights before the move. That just doesn't seem anywhere near enough time to put what remains into boxes. I like the metaphor of the title and chorus of a song since the metaphor describes how I feel as time slips away as I head closer to the day of the big move. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Flirting with Time -- Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers





No comments:

Post a Comment