Thursday 22 June 2023

10-172 (21/6/23) -- Aim for Positive Change

I paid some bills and found an item while shopping online. I have a curbside pickup for a larger item so the store staff can get it into the car. That will need to wait until tomorrow. The plumber called just after 4:30 to say he'd be a half hour or more. He arrived over an hour later. I wasn't getting into a major packing situation only to have to stop to deal with the plumber. He replaced the whole toilet in the second bathroom (basement) in about one and a half hours. So -- The final 2+ hours of my packing day were far less productive than I'd hoped. 

I have an early morning appointment tomorrow and the quick trip to pick up the order made today. After these tasks are done, I'll commit the rest of the day and early evening to packing. The forecast states that it will be very hot for the next three days. That may make the upstairs very uncomfortable, but things have  got to find their way into boxes. I can do a bit of work downstairs in between since it is cooler down there at present. 

A song lyric that makes me think of a positive change on the horizon is shared here. Finding the positives can be tricky at times. I am working on changing my focus. I don't want to be like people I've encountered that seem to be in a funk all the time. I want to find the small things that can make the day feel good instead of oppressive. <smile>  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Hold On -- Wilson Phillips 




No comments:

Post a Comment