Wednesday 21 June 2023

10-171 (20/6/23) -- Solitary Tedium

It was cloudy with sunshine arriving by late afternoon. I had a wonderful lunch with colleagues -- the first time we've been together in a long while. I found it very pleasant to be together again. 

Of course, packing was involed and I did some final bits and got another room completed today. I will tckle the next in line starting tomorrow. Some items have been packed there already, so it is doing the final parts for that room which may take more than one day. We'll see. A few fragile items that were packed today will travel with me rather than the movers. This is quite doable for a local move. I'm not sure my packing is adequate to stand up to being stacked and packed into a truck. <smile>  

I realized that what I'm feeling is similar to past moves, but the last one was many years ago. Packing is rather solitary and the repetative nature of it all can be mind-numbing and bring on a type of boredom. There isn't much new to challenge a brain as this whole thing drags on and on. Music helps most days. I was reminded of a song about the strange kind of tedium I'm experiencing. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Grand Ennui -- Michael Nesmith



No comments:

Post a Comment