Tuesday 13 June 2023

10-160 (9/6/23) -- Blossoms Blooming

Much of the day was spent running errands. I took several bags of books to drop off for the big sale tomorrow. I got groceries from two stores tor the few things I needed. I fonda bottle of wine recommended by a dear friend only to discover I brought the wrong grape variety home. That meant another trip out to return the Cab Franc for a Malbec. All bottles for four varietals have the same label with tiny writing noting which is which. It is much like the soup aisle at the grocery store when you get home with the wrong flavour. <smiles> I checked the mail on campus and chatted with a friend for a bit. At home I moved two bags and 14 boxes (of various sizes) to the front porch for donation pickup tomorrow. I did a bit more work packing in the office room, but had very little time left in the day after the protracted errands and a very late supper. 

while driving all over town, I noticed many wonderful purple flowers all around. Lilacs are nearly in full bloom. Out in my yard, the Japanese lilacs in full display mode with their tiny white flowers.  Pink and white blossoms from fruit trees are in full bloom right now, too. So, it is very lovely. I just need to take a moment to look around me instead of being focused on things that take much longer than planned. <smile> 

I share a song that fit the crazy day I had running all over town. I began with a cicular route, but ended up with major zig zag travels. It is a good thing I live in a small town <grin>. The selection for today brings a strong proggy focus -- or unfocus maybe? The title makes me giggle. Keep safe. Enjoy!    

When the Apple Blossoms Bloom in the Windmills of your Mind I'll be your Valentine -- Emerson, Lake and Palmer


 

No comments:

Post a Comment