Tuesday 6 June 2023

10-153 (2/6/23) -- Up Side to Rain

I had a wonderful lunch with a friend today. It helped to provide a sense of normalcy in the world that is filled with cardboard and stuff. I shared some of the many canning jars from the basement. It felt good knowing they were goint to someone who would use them. The other option would be recycling, but that seems a waste in some ways. I spent a good part of the afternoon packing boxes and bags for the donation pickup next weekend. It felt good to get that finished before the night before the truck comes by for a change. 

It was cloudy and cool most of the day, with rain starting in the early evening. It poured later into the evening. We really need this change in weather to heop battle the many wildfires. I never understood rain like I do after moving to a maritime climate. I grew up with downpours from thunder storsm. When I move east, I learned to like the all day rains. It is nice to walk in the rain -- without wind, of course. And the rain now and in coming days will be welcomed by firefighters dealing with multiple wildfires. I like this song that speaks to learning to like the rain. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Like the Rain -- Clint Black 



No comments:

Post a Comment