Tuesday 6 June 2023

10-157 (6/6/23) -- Get the Groove Back

Today was grey and cool with a bit of dampness and breeze. When I walked to my appointment, it felt comfortable, but cooler than most people would like at this time of year. I'm liking the cool damp days due to the fires and I sleep better without heat nad humidity. The heat pump at the new place will be a welcome change. I got a COVID booster for the bivalent vaccine this afternoon. I'm expecting a bit of arm soreness and a restless sleep tonight, but that is the worst of the past doses. Sometimes I've had a day or so of fatigue, too. I made a loaf pan of baked pasta so there is something easy to heat and eat over the next week. I plan to put a few portions into the freezer and keep the others for the next couple of days. It was my first effort and I did enjoy the flavours and textures. I've made lasagna, but this was much quicker to put together. So, something new in the midst of all the angst of cardboard. 

I'm worried that the soreness or fatigue will slow my progress with packing process. I'm trying to be kind to myself, but time is shrinking and I need to have things ready for the movers in five weeks. That sounds very scary. Several of the days are partial days due to meetings and medical appointments. I also am going to Halifax to shop for a few new things. All are necessary activities, but I work best with a large time -- like a whole day without interuption. Doing an hour here and there doesn't work well as I'm not sure what could be done in a shorter period. I have always been this way -- with writing projects and even grading. I get into a groove and stay there until things are done or completed enough to take a short break before restarting. It has proven difficult to change this work procedure. 

I chose a song that speaks to changing the way the world is seen and learning our place in it. This one has so many wonderful metaphors in the lyrics. I love metaphor in case you hadn't picked that up from the blog <grin>. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Finding My Groove -- Trace Adkins




No comments:

Post a Comment