Tuesday 13 June 2023

10-161 (10/6/23) -- Wake Up!

Another Satruday filled wth five loads of laundry and packign some of the many files that need to move with me. Everything will be moved into the filing cabinet once I get to the new place. It will be so much better have things in one central place. I finished packing in the storage room downstairs. I felt elated to hav one room completed. Lots lies ahead ofme, but one down and it was a biggie. 

I feel so tired. Packing can become all consuming -- all attention when awake and asleep. I lose focus at times by missing lunch. Setting an alarm helps me to pause and make a cup of tea or sit and rest a bit. But at times, I get so into the process that I miss resetting the alarm. I tell myself I'll just finish this one box or whatever is next. So, the goal going forward will be to stop when the alarm sounds and then reset the alarm when I get back into the thick of it all. 

I've heard a song playing in my head that may be a message to myself. I need to breathe and walk away from the packing processes to briefly regroup. It is a way to be kind to me. These moments of calm in a frenetic day are like waking up -- metaphorially. I need to be aware of the world around me, even if it is just outside my window. Whether I go for a walk or just pause to watch the birds or admire the plant growth, it will help me get through the move with some positive thoughts. . 

Lovely Day -- Bill  Withers



No comments:

Post a Comment