Tuesday 6 June 2023

10-152 (1/6/23) -- Taking Control

Today I walked out to do a few errands and attend an appointment. I met with a research colleague who is in the midst of a move, too. We had lots to discuss about writing and packing. I spent time in the basement finishing the sorting of saved boxes. I think this will help me move into the major packing process if I have boxes labeled to hold certain items. I think this will make it easier than searching for a box that fits. Such a time waster that is. <sigh> I got so into the sorting business that I completely forgot about a weekly meeting with a friend. She forgot, too, so we were OK. <grin>. We plan to meet tomorrow around lunch. 

Today was HOT -- 32C out my kitchen window but light haze or cloud or a mix meant direct sun wasn't as present as yesterday. This mad it feel less oppressive today. Cloud and rain are expected for the next few days -- much needed due to little rainfall in May and the many wild fires in the province. 

Getting so deep into the moving activities that I forget about other committments is bothersome. I'm glad that I got the sorting done, but dislike that I didn't take the break for a video chat as planned. There is good and not so good in missing an event. When anxiety runs high as it can with major changes and deadlines such as I am experiencing, the brain appears to be fully focused but may be less focused and more panicked. I have been setting an alarm to allow me to check in with myself or get to another time-sensitive task. Today I didn't do that. Just another thing that I need to think of to make the experience feel less anxious. 

A song chorus and title made me think of setting my alarm so I'm not controled by anxiety but I am attempting to control it. It made me smile since the lyrics are likely about something else entirely <grin>. Either way, it works for me. 

Already Gone -- The Eagles





No comments:

Post a Comment