Friday 23 June 2023

10-174 (23/6/23) -- Shorts & Skorts

A very hot day with no clouds  in the bright blue sky added to the physical stress of packing and running errands. Sun can feel relentless some days. I took the long way home after my two errands. I stopped in to see a professional that I haven't seen for a year or so. We will try to have an appointment in a month or so -- after the move -- to finish the last of the projects we have been working on for a couple of years. It was fun to have a quick chat. 

I pretty much finished the spare room today. The trend has been that one or two items are leftover for any area that I've packed. These will go into some sort of miscellaneous box or boxes. After finishing the 'to do' list for the house, I headed out for a grocery run to get four items that are running low. I also did a curbside pickup for two new deck chairs. They look nice and feel great when sitting. Getting them in  the front door of the house was giggle worthy. The screen door will not stay open as the slide doesn't slide. <sigh> I got the two stacked chairs almost entirely into the house when I couldn't hold the door wide enough to get the back chair legs over the sill. I had to go out the back door and then tackle the final push from outside the front door. At times like this, I'm very pleased to be set far back from the street sheltered by several trees <smile> -- makes it more difficult for neighbours to pull up a chair and watch my progress. <grin> 

I found an upbeat song about the weather -- great reggae beat. I enjoyed getting to wear shorts and a skort today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Sun is Shining -- Bob Marley




No comments:

Post a Comment