Tuesday 13 June 2023

10-164 (13/6/23) -- Reflections

Today was hot again making the house feel very warm. The sky was hazy today from smoke and a few clouds moving into the area. Rain is expected in the next two days. I spent most of the day catching up on some writing details that were needed for a meeting today. The project is almost completed and ready to submit. Those tasks took the entire afternoon. It feels good to see something other than boxes getting done. <smile>  Speaking of which, no boxes were filled today. I've made a short term list of the next steps to finish the office and spare rooms. Soon, I hope. 

I'll admit that when boxes aren't filled, I feel guilty and anxious with a touch of panic dropped into the mix every so often. Sadly, that often occurs at night when I'm trying to sleep. Rest helps get through the physical and mental work. Without rest, the anxiety builds and even little things become intrusions on my time. As an educator, I often felt that way during the heavier loads of grading and exams. My response is often anger -- when one more thing added to the chore list becomes one too many. Most often I witnessed that anger alone and was able to spare others from the diatribe. Perhaps my current situation reminds me of the upsetting parts of past work. It was good to have some time to explore the feelings today. 

A song about reflection seemed appropriate for the day. I love the poetry in these lyrics. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

The Summer Reflection Song --Donovan



No comments:

Post a Comment