Tuesday 13 June 2023

10-163 (12/6/23) -- What day is it?

I spent the whole day packing. The two book cases in the office room were completed along with a few related things from the spare room and elsewhere. The only books left are the 'yet to reads' that are in the bedroom closet. Those will be done soon, too. After a meal break, I toted the blue recycling bags to the curb -- all 20 of them. There was a lot of styrofoam packing from electronics boxes. The e-waste left the house last week, so no need for the packing material anymore. 

I feel bone weary tonight. Even the smaller boxes I packed books into weighed A LOT. I was able to move them around a bit and form some stacks in the room. I have a small easy chair in there that will have to go to the living room to make room for the filled boxes. I'm still ready to find a corner to hide from all this freneticness. Move out is less than a month away now. Time seems to move so quickly when I want to feel calmer about getting everything done in time. When I am excited about something, time moves so slowly. Now, I am excited about some aspects of the move, but the work necessary to get to that point ceates more panic than excitement. 

All the thoughts about the movement of time brought a song to mind. The chorus lyrics describe that movement well. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Fly Like an Eagle -- Steve Miller Band



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment