Sunday 2 October 2022

9-265 (22/9/22) -- Supportive Friends

Today, I got things ready to pack for the 'go bag' necessary in case of forced evacuation. The storm forecast has been getting worse and worse as the storm progresses -- terrifying, actually. This one is going to be major with heavy rain huge wind gusts. Trees are likely to uproot and fall. My yard is gorgeous with many large trees but during a storm it can be a scary place. I've been through many storms over the 24 years I've lived here with hurricane force winds or with major rain. I don't have a good feeling about this one. It will merge with the other low pressure system from the west that carries lots of rain. Forecasters tell us that rainfall could be between 100 and 200 mm (4-8 inches). Winds will maintain hurrican force even as this monster traverses land. 

I had several moments of rising panic throughout the day. I called a friend to chat, which often helps me relax. I felt a huge sense of relief when she suggested I come to stay with them. In fact, I cried. So, tomorrow I will pack up for the furry one and me. There house has few trees surrounding it.  

One song came to mind today that deals with the support of friends. I love the rendition by this artist. The video shared today shows a live version from an historical concert. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

With a Little Help from my Friends -- Joe Cocker (Woodstock performance)




No comments:

Post a Comment