Friday 14 October 2022

9-287 (14/10/22) -- Global Connection

Working my way through the 'to do' list, today I visited my cell service provider. For several months they have been charging me for data usage when this has been shut off and phone reports that zero data has been used each time <sigh>. The best response they could offer is that it showed them that the phone was used to search through the Internet. When I stated that I never use the phone to do this, they said that someone else must have picked up my phone and used it. There is no one else unless the furry one has found a way around the lack of opposable thumbs. So, went to see if they could add some data to my current plan that has no data since they were going to charge me anyway. My two options were to pay twice as much as they have been charging for 1 gigabyte or pay $3/month to block data -- like turning it off on the phone doesn't seem to do this. <bigger sigh>. I chose to go with the addition of data to the current plan. It can be removed should I not use it or tire of the cost of it. So, we will see how this goes. I could use it for a few things, but don't plan to stream movies or play games on the smaller screen. Maybe for directions to get somewhere when I travel outside of town. Who knows?

I headed to campus to check mail and realized it is the beginning of homecoming weekend, so public parking areas are chock-a-block full. So, this task will wait for another day. <smile>  It was nice to get out in the warm sun again today, though clouds interrupted the wide blue sky. Very angry looking clouds began to drift in during the early afternoon. Deep grey in colour, they looked like harbingers of rain. This was not in the forecast and none arrived during the day. 

I thought of a song that covers the feelings that cell phone are taking over and mentioning the FOMO aspect of being glued to one's phone. It seemed to be the song to share here today. <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Everybody's on the Phone -- Jimmy Buffett




No comments:

Post a Comment