Thursday 6 October 2022

9-277 (4/10/22) -- Big Yard Cleanup

Today the Town Facebook page noted that if we leave debris and yard waste at the curb, town employees will take it away. Branches have to be less that 10 feet in length and not more than six inches in diameter. The lawn care guy used a chain saw to cut longer branches into acceptable lengths. The plan is pick this up on Thursday. I expect there is far more waste than can be gathered in this time period. We'll see. 

I was surprised when my lawn and yard care guy suggested we just put all the tree debris into the yard next door. It isn't an area that is used, but still -- it isn't my yard. <sigh> He thought maybe we could just ask that owner to see if she'd mind. I made that one a hard no. I then stated that I'd been told to put it by the curb by someone at Town Hall. A neighbour came to chat and informed us of the social media post, so I felt better leaving it all at the street. The pile is about four feet high and 3 feet wide. It extends the width of this yard and half of the width of the yards on either side. There is A LOT. The lawn care guy then mulched and blew the leaves and tiny twigs so the front lawn area now looks almost normal. That helps to be able to see the grass more than the leaves. 

When pondering the request to toss stuff in someone else's space, a song title came to mind. It made me giggle -- and I'll take those where I can these days <smile>. This has a distinct twangy country feel to it with Mac Davis as co-writer with Billy Strange. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Clean Up Your Own Backyard -- Elvis Presley 



No comments:

Post a Comment