Sunday 9 October 2022

9-282 (9/10/22) -- Clear Blue Sky

Household tasks took part of the day. I washed rugs and swept leaves off walkways and porches. The light wind yesterday blew around some of the remaining leaves. Many trees have no leaves left even though they hadn't turned colour yet. Other trees have turned while still others have just begun to show tinges of red and orange. In the afternoon I took a short walk in the sunshine to enjoy the clear blue sky. It has been a while since we've had a sky without clouds. Early evening clouds arrived, but skies are forecast to be clear overnight. I hope that means I can see the full moon at some point. 

I cooked a Thanksgiving mini-dinner. A split turkey breast was procured. It was roasted while a potato and sweet potato were baked. I made some dressing. Other side dishes included some mixed green vegetables and blueberry crisp that I cooked last evening. I had pumpkin in the freezer, but it was thrown out after the thaw created by the power outage. I may make a pumpkin custard -- like a pie filling without the crust -- once I can find canned pumpkin at the store. So, a small celebration with me and the furry one today -- pleasant. 

While walking several songs came to mind. I chose one with a wonderful upbeat sound since that is how today felt to me -- greeting a friend I hadn't seen for some time. <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Mr. Blue Sky -- Electric Light Orchestra




No comments:

Post a Comment