Tuesday 18 October 2022

9-290 (17/10/22) -- Carpet of Gold

After a cloudy start, the sun came out later in the day. The colour of the light is so orange-ish. Sunset last night filled the air with this soft inviting shade. Today the bright sun brought out the gold, orange and red shades in the trees on the street. It helped me to relax a bit. I managed to get the last of the items from the deep freeze out to the compost bin for pick up tomorrow. I had frozen all the things and then trundled the box and pails of stuff to the bin. I placed the heavier recycling bag on top of the bin so the local wildlife don't tip it over thinking it smells like a feast. <sigh> That would be a mess to clean up -- fingers crossed that it doesn't come to that. 

The walkway to the street brings smiles on days such as today. It becomes a carpet of gold with flecks of red and orange. When the leaves are dry, as they have been over the past week, the rustling sound makes me smile.It is a carpet of gold. That beats a red carpet any day -- and no one asks 'who' I'm wearing <grin>.  

Walking the 'carpet' today helped me realize that the sound and feel of the fallen leaves transported me to a place of calm. the shoulders relax and breathing becomes slower and deeper. A smile came to me when as song came into my head. I hope it helps you relax even for just a moment. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Magic Carpet Ride -- Steppenwolf 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment