Sunday 16 October 2022

9-289 (16/10/22) -- Regular, Usual, Mundane

It was a quiet, mainly cloudy day. I worked around the house folding laundry, cleaning and cooking supper. Just living the dream! <grin> I ventured out for a walk and stopped at the pharmacy for a new thermometer. Mine has mysteriously disappeared. Now that I have a new one, the old one will show up somewhere unexpected. I also picked up a package of oat cakes and one of raisin bran muffins. I enjoy both of these -- great formulations.  

Most of my thoughts today were about the ordinary-ness of the day. Mundane is the word that often comes to mind. I think of this as nothing outstanding happening during the day -- just a day filled with regular, usual activities. That was today. I feel positive, though sometimes mundane has been associated with sadness for some reason. One song comes to mind on days like this. I've shared it in the past, but it describes things very well for me, -- as the lyric notes "its all your state of mind."  So I'll share this song from a Newfoundland group again. <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Ordinary Day -- Great Big Sea




No comments:

Post a Comment