Thursday 20 October 2022

9-292 (19/10/22) -- Running Thoughts

Light rain began in mid afternoon. The skies became quite grey and foreboding. A rainfall warning exists with about 1-2 inches/25-45 mm forecast to arrive overnight. By late evening, the rain got heavier and the winds picked up a bit. Even small storm patterns make me uncomfortable after the recent hurricane. All over town and county there are so many branches hung up in treetops and other trees that won't likely hold up with a big storm. This is not that -- big storm, that is. 

Days like this make me feel like running away. That comes from anxiety. I think of packing everything up and putting it in storage and going somewhere new. Where? I am not really sure. A few location come to mind. I'd like to run to something and not just away from something. <smile> That's if I run at all.  I've pondered if this feeling is innate. The need to be at 'home' could be, but running somewhere else may not be. I may need to do some further reading on the subject. A few lines of lyric from one song intimate that the need to run somewhere else might be instinctive.Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Born to Run -- Bruce Springsteen





No comments:

Post a Comment