Thursday 6 October 2022

9-276 (3/10/22) -- Waste and Debris

Today I went for a dental cleaning that had been rebooked due to the power outage last week. It has been a year since my last cleaning and I generally go every six months. There was no call back last winter due to difficulties with a new online system. I kept forgetting to call and when I did remember  it was after office hours. The upshot was that it took longer than usual to complete the scaling <yuck>. Softer foods may be the focus in the near future. 

I got some information from town hall that compost bin weekly pick up has been extended to the middle of October -- great news given the extra yard waste and the food waste. The usual every other week collection protocol will begin again in November.  I will  attend to defrosting the deep freeze soon, and then all of that food will go out in the next two weekly pickups. I had placed a bag of food waste from the fridge into the deep freeze for disposal next week, but it all went out to the curb tonight for collection tomorrow.  I will get to defrosting the deep freeze soon, and then all of that food will go out in the next two weekly pickups. Then we go back to the fall/winter pickups ever other week.  

Life is getting back to some semblance of normal. The damage is always just below the surface, though and in your face so often with piles of debris everywhere and people checking in on degrees of damage experienced.  Moving the damage our of view has helped me feel a bit better. Moving forward seems slow and will last for some time to come. The song shared here fits the theme of cleaning today -- dentist, cleaning fridge and my work around the yard including sweeping the leaves off the porches, stairs and walkways today, Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Get Yourself a New Broom (and Sweep Away the Blues) -- Duke Ellington ft. Ivie Anderson



No comments:

Post a Comment