Friday 28 October 2022

9-299 (26/10/22) -- Restless Sleep

The day was another very warm day for the end of October -- 24C (75F). A friend and I went for a walk and had a good chat over tea.We haven't seen each other in-person for almost two months, though we have met virtually during that time. Skies were grey during the day, but humidity fell between 80-90%, so it felt very warm outside. Thankfully, there was an occasional cooling breeze that helped. I also spoke to another friend by phone earlier in the day. So, my day had positive interactions that helped me today. In an early evenng walk to Main Street to run an errand, I chatted with a couple neighbours and met a new one. Everyone was making the best of the warmer day. 

The house has ben humid of late, too, which makes sleeping more restless than usual. I've woken to the alarm most days rather than earlier as is often the case. I don't feel rested when I do wake. Yet, I haven't had as many unintended naps as is often the case in such weather. Overnight lows and daytime highs should drop in the next couple of days bringing more seasonal temperatures. 

The song shared today deals with lack of sleep similar to what the humidy has done lately. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Insomniac's Lullaby -- Paul Simon



No comments:

Post a Comment