Thursday 6 October 2022

9-275 (2/10/22) -- Small Things

Today I thought about all the small things that provide points of positivity in my days. When out walking, I've noted several items that draw attention and help me focus on something other than the debris all around me. Many dahlias weathered the storm and show literal bright spots along the journey. The asters have reached full bloom. As a child, I learned that this was the flower for September. I pictured them the size of daisies. It took me a couple of years after moving to the Maritimes to realize that the pretty purplish flowers of autumn were asters. The range from 1/4 inch diameter to other that are 1 inch or 1.5 inches across. Colours range from a medium shade of purple to a light lilac shade. They also come in tiny white blossoms. These grow wild and can be found poking out from behind shrubbery and tree trunks. Again, they make me smile when they catch my eye. 

Other small things involve the kindness of others when waiting in line or traveling through stores. People have been calm and polite. We just may be too tired to expend the effort to be cranky <smile>. I also was so pleased to have my daily chai lattes with real milk yesterday -- a small thing, but it felt so good to sit and savour the familiar flavour and texture again. 

A song lyric reminded me of much of what I've been thinking lately -- the need for gratitude despite some of the negative occurrences. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

I Just Want to Celebrate -- Rare Earth



No comments:

Post a Comment