Wednesday 5 October 2022

9-273 (30/9/22) -- Relaxed Start to Day

I went for a walk in the sunshine and warmth. I took a different route than I have been using in the past week. This one showed much more tree and structural damage. In other places leaves are turning colour and red highlights in several standing trees. I feel for those who suffered terrible losses close and further away from me. Fiona was so damaging. Now, Ian is blowing through Florida and the Carolinas. It has been a quiet season until recently. 

An online group discussion today dove deeply into favourite morning coffee styles, roasts, brands, makers, grinds, etc. This distraction got me thinking of my morning -- and most evenings -- ritual of chai. I generally add hot water to the chai bag and then use the microwave to heat the mixture with milk added. On a more leisurely morning, I enjoy using the steamer to heat and froth the mixture. Yum! I thought more of this recently when I didn't have power to heat the milk and then didn't have milk. When speaking to a colleague our inconveniences really point to our position of privilege. That provided a pause for deeper thinking.  

The online discussion brought a line or two of an older song. The tempo and harmonies sound like a good way to start the day. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Java Jive -- The Ink Spots



No comments:

Post a Comment