Tuesday 28 November 2023

1--326 (23/11/23) -- Puddle Dancing

The pouring rain overnight left a lot of puddles and ponding on roads and other areas. When I headed to Main Street for a meeting and some errands, I parked in a puddle -- a big puddle. I had to walk carefully so I did not create waves that would wash over my shoes -- not waterproof, though my next pair will be. <smile>  One my trip to the mall for the final errand of the day,  I chose to get a take-out lunch since it was well past time. I chose a turkey great turkey sandwich with a lovely salad. That was my meal to celebrate the US Thanksgiving with my friends and family. 

The song today came to mind when thinking of all the rain that fell in the past day. It is the way of autumn in the  Maritimes -- wind with rain, snow or both. I thought it would be a good day to wear boots instead of runners -- not for warmth but for dryness. Sadly my boots also leak. Footwear shopping is in my future -- and I dislike shoe shopping -- a lot! <smile> Mind you, wet feet aren't a fave either. <sigh> This song came to mind was I carefully waded across the parking lot pond -- I needed a choreographer for that trip <grin>. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

These Boots are made for Walking -- Nancy Sinatra




No comments:

Post a Comment