Wednesday 1 November 2023

10-288 (16/10/23) -- Winter Bedding Time

Well, we are back to the rainy weather as the week starts. I did a short walk and came back with damp denim. Is there anything more uncomfortable? <sigh> I had a great chat with a good friend -- looking forward to events next summer and laughing over past experiences together. 

In the afternoon, I took some time to dig out the winter bedding. Nights are getting colder and it is time to reintroduce the duvet to the bed. I will need to bring in the winter sweatshirts, sweaters and pjs soon, too. Most of these are in the garage in two boxes and the old steamer trunk. In the new closet, I will need to remove some summer t-shirts and blouses to make room for the bulkier winter gear. I'm glad I labeled most boxes reasonably well for the move. It does make it easier to locate belongings. Now, this doesn't mean that everything is easy to find. As is inevitable, some items got shoved into boxes with unrelated articles just because the space was a perfect fit for an item. This happened more towards the end of the packing ordeal. So, I know that a couple of items are out there, It is unclear where, though. They will show up as I work my way through things to get them off the garage floor and onto shelving units and upper shelves for storage. The fervent wish is that the car will fit at some point before winter visits with nor'easter vengeance. I'm not holding out a lot of hope for this <sigh>. 

The song for today came to mind when I changed the summer quilt on the bed to a heavier winter weight quilt. The backing of both is lavender. Both were made my my grandmother. The quilt pieces remind me of her dresses, mom's clothes and dad's shirts -- with a few pieces of bedroom drape material, too. They are a form of living history, much like the story told in these lyrics. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Aunt Mattie's Quilt -- The Chicks



No comments:

Post a Comment