Monday 13 November 2023

10-295 (23/10/23) -- Frustrating Monday

It has been a Monday. <sigh> I waited for a phone meeting with a business. I called 30 minutes after the meeting time as booked. The reception people assured me I would get a call shortly. and hour later I called to say that I had to go out and might be back later in the afternoon. I would call them when I was available again. So very frustrating. I did the errands and once home realized that the telecom services were all down -- phone, television, wifi. Again!! I shouted some less than pleasant things and called the repair help line. This is the same error message on the modem as we had just after moving in July. I insisted that a tech come to deal with the problem rather than them mailing me a new modem. It is the line not the modem, but their 'help' book doesn't tell them that. So, I have an appointment for between 8 AM and 4 PM two days from now. At least they provided some extra data so I could set up a hot spot to keep somewhat connected. This is the fifth or sixth time the service has gone down during the past three months. I never had difficulties like this at the old address. So, very irritating. I did call the business after I had dealt with the ISP help people. I told them that my cell was the only thing working, so to please use that and not the house phone or email. I asked that someone set up a phone meeting tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. 

There are days that I just can't manage the ineptitude surrounding me. It makes me very cranky when I have to do someone else's job or provide suggestions as to how they should do their won jobs. Basic customer service is so not basic anymore. I chose a song that reflected how I summarized the day. The lyrics and title are quite clear <smile>. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

I Don't Like Mondays -- Boomtown Rats 





No comments:

Post a Comment