Friday 17 November 2023

10-303 (31/10/23) -- Treats & Teeth

I had two big health appointments today. One was a regular screening appointment. The other was the semi-annual teeth cleaning. We did x-rays for this one and found a darker patch around one molar than had been their six months ago. So, we will need to deal with that soon. We made an appointment for two weeks from now. And believe me, the irony of finding a cavity on Halloween when I'm handing out sugary treats has not been lost on me. 

I enjoyed the early evening visitors at the front door. I had about 30 kids come by on this first year at this address. Considering I had a total of three kids over 25 years at the old address, this was a win. I had purchased the smallest bag of 50 candy bars just in case I had any kids come to the door. The costumes were great fun! I had two dinosaurs in inflatable suits. I laughed as I watched them walking up the hill taking teeny tiny steps. I would be so sore tomorrow, but they are young an likely won't experience that. Another inflatable costume was a sumo wrestler -- very cool.  Little ones came as fairy princesses, witches and super heroes. One tiny spiderman was running back and forth on the front porch and then ran down the driveway to his parent, who told him to stop running. Had the parent been closer, I would have suggested the little guy should have been the Flash. <grin> It was a fun evening. It has been way too long since this tradition has visited my home. I found myself laughing and giggling a lot. 

I chose a song that seemed to fit the evening well.  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Double Trouble -- Hogwarts Choir



No comments:

Post a Comment