Thursday 16 November 2023

10-301 (29/10/23) -- Word Power

The weather report today is one word -- COLD! <smile> One my quick walk to the post box, I could have used mitts. I guess I will need to pull those out of the storage bag. I shouldn't be surprised that I saw my first Christmas commercial today. It still seems early. I'd like it all to wait until after Remembrance Day, but wishing won't make it so. 

I wrote cards of condolence today. It wasn't easy to find words. There just aren't any that describe how I feel and how I'd like them to know that they are in my thoughts as they walk this journey. I went to the post box to mail these and I could have used mitts. As I pondered what to say and how to say it, I recalled the words of Dumbledore in Deathly Hallows. He stated, " Words are -- in my not so humble opinion -- our most inexhaustible form of magic -- capable of inflicting injury and remedying it," What wise words. I took time to reflect on words and phrases I have received in past times of grief. To be honest, most messages took me a while to actually read. When the wound is so fresh, I found words added to the pain. Once the early phases of loss begin to pass, I've found comfort in the words and stories of others. That helped me somewhat in writing notes in the cards today. Once I relaxed my brain a bit, my feelings came out in words that I hope will help as time goes by. 

Thinking of words left me with several song ideas. A dear friend reminded me of the perfect one to share. It is all about words. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Elephant Talk -- King Crimson



No comments:

Post a Comment