Thursday 9 November 2023

10-291 (19/10/23) -- Rejecting It All

The day has been challenging. I still can't believe my friend is gone. Denial is part of the grieving process and I am firmly entrenched in that step. I expect that anger will follow in short order. We'll see. <sigh> 

I suppose that denial is the mind's way of trying to shelter us from the pain of loss. Reality pokes through the veil every so often, though. While each experience with grief is different, all steps show up as one works through the process. This is an iterative journey, circling back on former steps. My hope is that as I do the circling through the stages, that each trip through is somewhat elevated. I'd like to see it as a spiral rather than running ins circles -- there will be some of that, too, I'm sure.

A song came to mind that made me smile a bit -- so it is shared here. The chorus fits how I felt at times today. The rest of the story doesn't fit the situation. The video is as goofy as the song lyrics. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Queen of Denial -- Pam Tillis


 


No comments:

Post a Comment