Friday 24 November 2023

10-319 (16/11/23) -- Blind-Sided

After an appointment this afternoon, I had a meeting with a research colleague. I warned her that I felt firmly ensconced in the anger phase of grief. And, yes, there was an outburst in response to my vision issues with the teeny tiny print on the shared screen. It was more focused at my frustration with me than anything else. 

When speaking to a friend later, I noted that this sort of thing comes out of no where and is so unexpected. I feel blind-sided by it. My friend noted that it can be an unusually large response to a small thing. That made me laugh as I pictured the ROUS (Rodents of Unusual Size) from Princess Bride coming up from behind and knocking me down. What a perfect visual for the feeling. That helped me to smile and relax a bit. I tend to think in metaphor and this one is so very perfect. I will need to practice strategies to battle the creatures. May have to watch the movie again, too. 

In honour of the origin of the metaphor, I share music from the movie. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Storybook Love -- Mark Knopfler & Willie DeVille

 



No comments:

Post a Comment