Monday 20 November 2023

10-311 (8/11/23) -- Ground Cover

I spent most of the day indoors. I worked on one writing project to complete a list of edits my co-worker and I agreed upon last week. We will discuss these and other possible changes early next week. Outside the windows it was sunny with blue sky in the morning and grey cloud cover by mid-afternoon. A friend and I went out for a lovely dinner at our favourite local fine dining facility. On the way there, there were a few white flake in the air, but it all melted as it hit the ground. As we ate, we could see snow piling up on cars passing by. We thought they'd come in from west of here. Then we began to see snow on the parked vehicles. There was snow when we drove home. Apparently, snow squall warning had been in effect for the evening. By midnight the snow on the fence posts reached a depth of 7-10 cm (3-4 inches). The street was fully covered with tracks from a single car visible. 

I am not really ready for this type of precipitation. Anything frozen is unwelcome anytime. Some people get excited about this change in ground cover, but many of us prefer to be able to get around without this obstacle getting in the way. I really need to live somewhere warmer. 

The title line of a song got stuck in my head as I watched the precipitation fall. The song pace and tone fit my feelings well, too. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Whiter Shade of Pale -- Procal Haram 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment