Thursday 9 November 2023

10-292 (20/10/23) -- Mercurial Day

Well, I did say yesterday that anger would rise up sometime soon. I could feel it lurking in the shadows over my right shoulder and today it made a full on appearance. I've had two situations where businesses seemed to mess up or fail to fulfill their customer service promises. Each of the two episodes of frustration today dealt with me losing my cool a bit. I tried to be kind, but I got a little firm with people. I did apologize to one person on the phone who had failed to get things done as promised. The other one is not acknowledging my requests for a service to be completed so we can move on from it. That one requires an apology to me, but that may never occur. I just want what was promised done as discussed some time ago. As a friend noted recently -- we need to have common sense come to the party. <sigh> 

A song title came to mind when I thought of that wish for common sense. The lyrics are interesting and give one lots to ponder. <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Common Sense -- John Prine



No comments:

Post a Comment