Monday 20 November 2023

10-310 (7/11/23) -- Customer Disservice

 I ran some errands on Main Street and got a good walk in while doing this. My phone rang when I was in one store. This rarely rings, so I checked to see who was calling. It was a business that I have been trying to contact for some time. So, there I am in the card aisle trying to answer their questions and agree to an in-person meeting at the end of the week. That was just odd. 

After getting to everything on my shopping list, it was past lunch time and I decided to stop at a quick-service place I pass on the way home. I looked over their new menu. It has changed after the reopening post-pandemic. There was a sandwich that sounded doable. I asked the cashier what the ingredients were. I have a few food allergies and they aren't the usual ones. She didn't know, but asked a co-worker who told her to ask the woman who makes the sandwiches. That person reviewed the basics. I asked if particular grains were part of the 'rice' mixture. She told me no. So, I got one to go. At home, I still felt wary, so I went online and read the ingredient list. There is black and white was the one grain I had asked about. I was frustrated. So, I got in the car and went back to discuss this with the workers. I explained the situation to the cashier, who went to another co-worker. They both went to someone who seemed to be somewhat in charge. They spoke a different language, but the grain name was repeatedly said and the discussion did not sound happy. The 'manager' came to chat to me and all she said, rather curtly, "Do you want your money back?" I was a bit taken aback, but said yes. She hadn't offered anything else, had she? <sigh> Other competitor businesses have a binder listing the ingredients of every product sold. I've asked and people politely look at the binder and will even show me the listing. Now, wouldn't that be good business practice? Needless to say, I doubt I will return to this chain. We have others in town that I feel more confident that I won't be fed something that creates issues.  

I chose a song for its title. It said what I need to say to this company -- and a couple of others. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Keep the Customer Satisfied -- Simon & Garfunkel 



No comments:

Post a Comment