Sunday 19 November 2023

10-309 (6/11/23) -- Looking Up

I felt more positive for most of the day. There was a moment or two of sadness expressed later in the day. It is always there, but some days are less teary than others. 

Adding to the positive viewpoints was a meeting about a writing project. Things seem to be moving forward. There is a lot of work ahead of us, but things seem to be moving along well. This is a project that we have been talking about and through for many years and have been writing parts of it for several years. I am still gathering information in a research setting, which will add to this project well. So, while a bit challenging to look at the large project, I keep reminding myself of my advice to many students over the years. Take it one step at a time. Don't look at the size of the end project, but look at the small chunk that you can start now. Then knit them all together later. Not easy to take one's own advice <grin>. 

The chorus of a song ran through my head today. Even with sadness, the day can still be good. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Beautiful Day -- U2




No comments:

Post a Comment