Thursday 30 November 2023

10-333 (30/11/23) -- Weariness

I woke to the alarm this morning. This was followed by some very slow movement. It took longer than usual to get breakfast prepared and get changed for the day. I did get out to run a few errands at the planned time. Standing in line at one store with a fairly full basket, I realized that I didn't have my credit card or the loyalty card. I had cash, but needed the other card to get the 20% discount provided for 'seniors'. I managed to leave my basket behind the counter so I didn't have to go through the store again to gather it all together. What would have been a 10-15 minute walk a few months ago is now a 20+ minute drive. I got the cards from the other coat I wore earlier in the week when it was warmer, got the stuff paid for and hit one other store before I just felt like I'd had enough. 

Fatigue followed me around all day. I did some online work and made lunch and supper. By early evening, I thought I needed to just lay down. Luckily, I have nothing that requires me to leave the house tomorrow. There are a few household things to do and a list of online tasks, but neither will take excess energy. <smile> 

I thought of a relaxing song that could work as a lullaby of sorts. While the lyrics highlight the quiet of the earlier parts of the day as relaxing, I still prefer the later evening hours for this <smile>. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Early Morning Blues and Greens -- The Monkees



No comments:

Post a Comment