Sunday 19 November 2023

10-308 (5/11/23) -- Old School?

While I was cooking today -- made a big pot of stew -- I pulled up the music app on the television. When searching the channels, one was called 'Old School Weekend'. I found this way to vague, so checked out the description. Apparently this channel is devoted to '90s Hip Hop. Granted that was 30-ish years ago. But my idea of ' old school' goes back further than that <grin>. Some days aging hits me in the face like this. It is all perspective, isn't it? We come from different backgrounds and the passage of time is seen differently as we age. This one shocked me into the reality of how long ago the turn of the millennium occurred. So, for those who were born after 2000, the '90s is way old school, eh? <smile> 

In the evening I had a good phone visit with my cousins in Ottawa. It is always great to chat with them. We keep up a bit on social media, but speaking directly to each other is always fun. I needed a lift today and this did help -- as did the music once I found a channel that I could sing along with <grin>. 

A song that fit my musings on aging came to mind as I was chopping vegetables. It says it all. I chose a cover from the '90s -- just because of the 'old school' statement I'd encountered. <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

My Generation -- Green Day



  


No comments:

Post a Comment