Wednesday 29 November 2023

10-330 (27/11/23) -- Loud Storm

One in person meeting was cancelled today and moved to next week -- which will be into December. How does that happen?  My other virtual meeting went as planned. We got some research stuff discussed and will do some further editing and proofing for another meeting next week. 

The forecast told of impending stormy weather. Major rain and big winds occurred into the afternoon. I'm so glad I didn't have to drive in this mess and could stay safe and dry inside. We had a few bouts of horizontal rain being hurled against my windows from early afternoon until late evening when everything suddenly went quiet. Rather eerie. The noise was incredible. I'm still learning what wind sounds like in the new place. There was some big rattling and banging on the patio side. There is nothing outside there except cement and the privacy fence, so I'm not sure what might be higher up on the building that may be producing that sound. It was way too wet and windy for me to suit up and go out to look. I'll chat with others to see what noises they here in the new builds. The lack of light due to heavy cloud cover required lights on everywhere I went in the house today-- twilight level of light at best. 

I thought something bluesy would fit the day. This one is from a concert at Royal Albert Hall almost 20 years ago. Just close your eyes, sit back and listen. I find it relaxing. Hope you do, too. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Stormy Monday -- Cream 





No comments:

Post a Comment