Monday 13 November 2023

10-297 (25/10/23) -- Waiting Game

Sun shone again today, but the light wind felt rather cold. Today I was home waiting for the internet/tv/phone repair technician to arrive and set things straight again. They were to arrive between 8 AM and 4 PM. I called the repair help line when I hadn't heard from anyone at 3 PM. We should get a call 30 minutes before they arrive. The help desk person called another department to discover what was up. The technician was still working at another problem and wouldn't finish there until after their day was officially done. I did note that in my mind if someone is on the list, then the work isn't really done. <sigh> So, now we have another date for Friday -- two more days without service. 

I have been watching the Harry Potter movie series while I've not had any access to usual television service. I had two running in the background today as I paced and fretted while waiting for the tech that never showed. I was assured that since they had missed me once, someone would definitely arrive at the next booking. I'm finding this whole concept of service that isn't there regularly problematic. I should be compensated for the lack of service and will be calling someone once everything is working well again. I'm not holding my breath on that happening soon. I feel a bit deflated by this nonsense. 

A song came to mind today that spoke to the weariness of waiting. The lyrics mention that sometimes things don't happen as expected. How perfect for today? <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Waitin' on Superman -- The Flaming Lips




No comments:

Post a Comment