Tuesday 28 November 2023

10-327 (24/11/23) -- Warm Buns

The morning walk was in bright sunshine but a very cold wind. I chose to do a shorter walk than planned due to the colder feel of the air. I was glad for the sun, though. When it came out from behind a major cloud, it warmed my backside. That must mean that I need to wear a coat instead of a short jacket when walking. The clouds are harbingers of snow. We have snow squall watches in place for today and into the evening. Forecasters said we could receive 10 cm (4 inches) of snow from squalls -- otherwise known as on-shore flurries. These blow in from the north across the water. The positive thing is that we will get rain again in a few days, so the snow won't stay -- yet. <sigh> 

This time of year brings many decisions when planning to the leave the house. Runners or boots? Jacket or coat? Gloves or mitts? Ear band, toque or hoodie? Do I need an extra layer of fleece? I sometimes walk to the end of the block to pick up the mail and then head back home to re-adjust the outerwear to more or less, as needed. 

As I walked with the sun behind me, I heard a line from a song that made me giggle. I share the song and the giggle with you today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Warmth of the Sun -- The Beach Boys 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment